Monday, July 13, 2009

We need a blog logo!

I was browsing through a few blogs and I saw that besides the brilliant literary content and meaningful insights, there was a certain element of visual beauty involved.
A visit to Vignesh's blog depicts the authors as M&Ms. I don't know if a love affair with Gems brought about that idea, but it was brilliant. They have successfully brought together humorous content and imagery. Their blog is worth a visit: see for yourself.

So I got to thinking, we at Archaeopteryx87 have been blogging for a few years now, covering wide ranging topics from physics( courtesy of supreme blogger Vyaas) to college life and opinions about the world around us(Vyaas and yours truly). About time we got a logo or "Brand appeal". So without further ado, I entertain ideas from our readers in this regard. I have already got two logos prepared below. What do you think?This one has a industrial-grunge feel to it. Product of 15 min Photoshop session.
Next one I made. I like this better...



Looking forward to your opinions and hoping to take the blog in a new direction!

3 comments:

Vyaas said...

I like the first one!

Arjun said...

ya the first one man....

vigneshjvn said...

I found the second one nicer. But hey, here's a formatting tip: if your blog theme offers a default size, make sure you design your logo to the same size: saves on unnecessary stretching/cropping.

And thanks for mentioning w&m. :) Thanks to your post, we reverted the theme to accommodate the header image again. Hehe. And just like with your blog, w&m is co-authored by Shashank. I'd like to quote that for insurance purposes.