Monday, December 8, 2008

Cherished Moments

Lets face it. I'm not a sentimental person. My mother questioned the existence of my heart when I did not reach out for the tissues when Jack Dawson went down to Davy Jones' locker. Which is why this post is difficult for me to put up. My days at VITU have come to an end. I have to part ways with those who mean so much to me and those whom I had sadly become acquainted to in the very last lap.
Parting is such sweet sorrow. How true indeed.
I have had the privilege of meeting many fine individuals over these four years, each outstanding and unique in their own respect. Funny,nerdy,rebellious,iconoclastic, hip-hop wannabes, dark and mysterious, warm and friendly, ice cold snow queens,wise asses- I can go miles. People who have embraced me for who I am. People who have stuck by my side through thick and thin. Who have shared my trials and tribulations, who have seen me through my brightest days and darkest hours. These people I will miss the most.

We come to college as strangers, as individuals, as loners and as children. We meet and connect with other people. Some stay with us,leaving a profound impact, while others come and go like an ephemeral dream. We learn from others and more importantly remake and rediscover ourselves. We change for the better. We leave as friends, as adults. And above all we will always remember one another and the tortuous road we traveled together.

Thanks for all the good times we had and hope our paths will cross soon. Where and when I cannot guess, but may the winds of fortune and luck greet you in your travels.
Your friend and College mate,
Nikhil Rajagopalan.


This is the 100th post at Archaeopteryx87 and I would like to extend my thanks to my bro Vyaas G for sharing his blog with me. Thanks bro, and lets keep up the good work.

2 comments:

vigneshjvn said...

Really moving! Reminds me of all the good times (and the not-so-good times) at college! Cheers to you mate! :)

Nikhil Rajagopalan said...

Thanks for that Viggy!